Saturday, May 31, 2014

Gentle Notes

Folks,


Two things to please remember -- oops, a third --


1. Stay in your plot. No walking in your neighbor's plot, even if they haven't planted. I've had several people mention they've seen plot neighbors sitting or standing in their plot while weeding.


2. When you weed, put the pulled up plants in your walkways or in the wire compost bins along the east and west fences. DO NOT throws weeds in the walkways -- I will throw them right back in your plot! Put them in the wire compost bins, please.


And...


3. Please do not put trash in the brown compost bins on the south fence, or piled along any fence. I have boxes from 98 pepper plants at the south gate, because I'm deciding how to use them in my plot, and someone put their recycling on top of them. Even if you see someone else leave the stuff out -- don't do it yourself. Put it in the trash bin in the garden, or in the trash bins by the back door of the Heritage Center.


About the brown bins -- I'm going to be inviting gardeners to use those bins for food scrap composting, so keep your eyes open for a blog post about it.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment