Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Community Garden Intern

Hello Community Gardeners!

My name is Stephanie Stiglmeier, and I will be the Community Garden intern for 2014. After taking a tour with Jen yesterday and meeting all of the staff, I cannot be more excited to work with ya'll.



A little bit about myself: I come from a German family, and my father's family owns a German sausage factory in Wheeling. I graduated from Glenbrook South in 2012, and I currently attend Mississippi State University as a Horticulture major. I am also a hobbyist beekeeper and an avid outdoors-woman. Some of my areas of interest relating to horticulture are: fruit, nut, and vegetable production; organics & homeopathic medicines; landscape design; land/habitat conservation; sustainability; and plant breeding. Some of my other hobbies and interests include hiking, camping, and spending time with my large family.  

I am very outgoing, personable, and polite; so please feel free to ask any questions! I am here to help ya'll, and I'm also here to learn whatever ya'll can teach me. I have a lot of resources available to me through my university, so if I don't know the answer to one of your questions I can get you the information through those resources.

Looking forward to a productive summer and meeting all of ya'll!


Stephanie Stiglmeier
Community Garden Intern 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment