Sunday, May 25, 2014

Plots have been widened, and other notes

Ok, so I said we were only going to widen the east and west plots this morning -- we also did the center plots, since Andres had time.


I'm about to head into the garden to reinsert corner stakes. I apologize if any plants, stakes or supplies were moved or harmed during the tilling. If you're out there before I get back out, please return your stakes to their rightful position or wait for me to do it.


The grass that was tilled up should be brown by tomorrow -- feel free to rake it out of the way and plant in the newly-tilled areas, but put any tilled up grasses, etc. in the compost bins along the fence, not in the walkways.
Some notes:


1. I've seen more than 8 gardeners park in and around the circle drive this weekend already, and not just for drop-off. Folks, you just can't do this. Even if you see another car parked in the drive or on the grass, it's not allowed for you guys. If you're doing a drop-off, stay on the pavement, at least.


2. Please keep all supplies, including straw, in your plots when you're not here. I had to move a lot of straw off the walkways for mowing today -- I apologize if I put it on things you've planted.


3. I'm noticing a lot of tomato plants being planted right at the edge of plots, either next to other plots or right by the walkways. This is going to be a problem. Tomato plants, unless seriously and routinely pruned, will get wide to the tune of 2-3'. Anything overlapping your neighbor's plot lines is technically theirs to harvest, and anything hanging over the walkway may get mowed.


4. Last note about mowing -- please do not enter the garden when it's closed. Even if it's to drop off a few things, even if it's just for a moment.


Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment