Thursday, May 2, 2013

Opening Day for the Community Garden

Folks, this has been a weird April, and May isn't starting off very differently, what with a 40 degree drop in temp over night and the rain coming our way. (But hey -- at least we're not in Minnesota, where apparently they're going to get several inches of SNOW.)

Staff here is working as fast as we can to get you into the garden. We need somewhat dry soil, some hours to till, equipment to spread fertilizer, and time/arm strength to pound the plot corner stakes. I'm thinking/hoping right now that the opening day will be May 11, but if I can get you all in any earlier, I will.

Keep an eye on the blog and on my emails -- gardening is right around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jen. I really appreciate all your efforts to make this a great gardening season for us. I am happy to wait until conditions are just right, as I will need all the help I can get, as a novice!

    ReplyDelete