Thursday, July 10, 2014

Classes at Wagner Farm -- REMINDER

Some cool classes coming up here at Wagner Farm -- register online here or sign up at Park Center.
~~~
409309 - DIY Food Preservation & Photography - July 22, 6-7:30 ($30 for resident, $37 for non-res)

Participants will work with Jill Houk, cookbook author, and a Glenview-based chef in this fun cooking class! Chef Houk will teach easy food preservation techniques for all your seasonal vegetables. Next, take your culinary skills to a whole new level with Chicago-based photographer, Angie Garbot. Angie will teach you all about food photography and how to make beautiful food labels-a great way to impress your friends and make special gifts! Ages 16-Senior




409409 - Jars, Jams & Jellies - August 5, 6-8pm ($30 for residents, $37 for non-residents)

How would you like to enjoy seasonal fruits and vegetables all year long? Chef Toni Salazar Camphouse will teach participants how to make jellies, jams, and other canning delights. Price includes all food and canning supplies. Ages Adult-Senior
~~~

I've signed up for the Food Preservation class for July. I bought Jill's book because I wanted to learn more ways to preserve the food I grow in the garden. It's a really cool book, and I look forward to learning more from Jill in the class.

I've taken the canning class with Chef Toni before -- she's terrific, and I had a blast in this hands-on class. I've done a little canning at home but hope to do more this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment