Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In my spare time...

I also garden at home. No veg, there, because I've got a plot at Wagner Farm, but lots of flowers.


I don't have pictures of my largest bed, because I haven't trimmed the hedge behind it yet, and it looks ridiculous. This is a bed I created around an old horse chestnut tree, which has since been made into wood chips. This bed is a lot of peonies (Paula Fay being my favorite), with wild geraniums, allium, chives, catmint, rosemary and roses, plus an evergreen. We got this evergreen 12 years ago as a seedling from a booth at the Glenview Street Fair, and I tucked it into this bed behind the horse chestnut almost as a joke. Over a decade later, it's growing really well and has taken over tree duties in the bed.

My favorite combo -- hot pink peonies and coral/yellow roses.


I'd love to see pictures of your home gardens, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment