Monday, March 31, 2014

To Tweet or Not to (follow) Tweet(s)



I like to think I keep up with the times. I was the first of my friends to have a cellphone back in the '90's. I bought an item online on Amazon in 1996. (And, in fact, my dad got us an Atari game station back in the early 1980's, so we could play Galaga on a tv!)

I'm on Facebook and Pinterest, I've had several blogs, I've made picture books online, and I buy everything under the sun at all hours of the day online, from diapers to plane tickets. I like technology and I'm comfortable using it.

But Twitter? Not so sure how I feel about Twitter. There's a lot of self-absorbed, self-important twaddle on Twitter.

And feeling this way, why do I ask my gardeners to follow me on Twitter? Because -- and this is what I discovered -- when you stop following celebrities or goofy hashtags, there's a lot of good info being shared moment to moment on this platform. And my boss asked me to tweet. So there you are.

Seriously, though -- if you're one of my community gardeners, follow me on Twitter at @JenatWFCG. I follow a lot of gardening people and sites around the Chicago area, and I retweet events and resources I think might be helpful to you guys. I will also tweet WFCG-related info, although that will also still be found here on the blog. You can also contact me through Twitter, if email and cell phone aren't working for you. Click on the picture below to see the detail.


See? Cool stuff. Follow me on Twitter.

@JenatWFCG

No comments:

Post a Comment